Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Broccoli

So Laur and I were driving down State Street in Orem havin a good ol' time. We had just gotten a Red Box (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatbulbs) as well as some 4 for $2 candy cause we were gunna watch that movie in style. So we are driving and Laur says...

Laur: "Ryan! Did you just toot?! Eeew. Ryan." (She commences to roll down her passenger window with much haste.)

Me: "What? No. I don't even smell anything," I said, taking a quick draw of air to see what she's talkin about. (It is Orem State street ya know, so there is always weird stuff in the air there. But nope, our windows were up.)

Me: "I didn't even hear a sound, did you?" Thinking that maybe I let one slide without thinking about it, cause that sometimes happens.

Laur: "No, but it really stinks!"

A sudden realization hits me... This is broccoli brand. Lauren had just eaten chips with refried beans, cheese, hot sauce... and some raw broccoli to make the meal healthy.

Me: "Laur! You just burped!... Like a minute ago right?!? Siiiiiiiick. That was not me, and that was not a toot!" (I now roll my window down with great haste and take in some deep draws.)

Lauren is now laughing uncontrollably because she realizes she did in fact burp a deep burp, she did in fact eat raw broccoli earlier, and that the smell was indeed the broccoli brand.

Now I'm laughin. Cause that's funny. And sick. But more funny...cause for once it wasn't me and it was bad enough that Laur just thought I ripped a wallpaper peeler.

Oh man. This is what marriage is about. I love it. Good times for sure.

10 comments:

d.scott said...

I just laughed out loud, a lot!

d.scott said...

Oops, that was Tara, not Scott.

Lyd said...

This is awesome. And I agree with Tara, I did the same.

I can't wait have convos like this when I get married!! My poor husband. Bless his sweet soul where ever he might be.

aubrey said...

i love you laur.

-KJ said...

Hahaha! I love it.

Mike said...

Hi ryan and laura,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Kevin, Rachel & Claire said...

Wow Ryan, you two are made for each other! Your blog is funny. I look at it from time to time and it always cracks me up. Hope all is well!

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

Simon said...

Romance isn't dead.

Unknown said...

i'm going to sneak on your blog and do my own post.